CELTIC GARDENS is committed to the preservation of our environment and natural resources. In making this commitment, our goal is to provide services in a manner that reduce our carbon footprint and minimizes any negative impact on the environment.
To achieve our objective, steps have been taken to minimize harmful emissions and to eliminate and/or recycle waste. Specifics are noted below and it’s our belief these measures will help protect, preserve, and enhance the environment now and in the future for the benefit of our clients, employees and the public at large.
To ensure awareness of our policy, CELTIC GARDENS is committed to educating and informing all personnel of our objective and to provide training or discipline necessary to ensure compliance.
Celtic Gardens Steps For A Greener Environment:
- Preference in the use of biodegradable, child and pets-friendly weed killer over conventional weedkiller.
- Preference in the use of organic fertilizer products with an emphasis on eliminating the use of products containing phosphorus.
- Preference in the use of environmentally friendly de-icing products with an emphasis on minimizing their impact on the environment and due regard to safety of our clients.
- Ongoing calibration of equipment to ensure the proper application of all products.
- Proper handling, storage, and disposal of all dominant waste oils and chemical products including empty containers.
- All tractors and mowers shall be equipped with mulching decks to allow for the grinding of grass clippings, including leaves and flowers during autumn clean up to minimize and eliminate the need for disposal. Such organic material will remain on site to return stored nutrients back to the soil.
- All waste by-products resulting from the work performed shall be sorted and separated to identify method of disposal (recycling, composting, or disposal). The goal is to minimize or eliminate any material that may be designated for landfill.
- Purchase and use of current state of the art equipment with the lowest emissions possible. Such assets will be inspected and maintained on a routine basis to ensure optimal performance. Routine replacement schedules are to be followed when vehicles and equipment no longer perform at peak efficiency or reliability.
- Minimize the need for excessive travel through the use of GPS technology to identify the most efficient routes.
- Elimination of unnecessary vehicle and equipment idling through the use of GPS technology to ensure compliance.
- Efficient use of electronic equipment with an emphasis to minimize or eliminate unnecessary generation and waste of paper products.